Advanced Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery Partners with Sensus Healthcare
August 07, 2015
Boca Raton, FL
Advanced Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery, the nation’s largest dermatology practice, partners with medical device company to help treat non-melanoma skin cancers and keloids.
ADCS Clinics (“ADCS”) announced it has partnered with Sensus Healthcare LLC (Boca Raton, FL) to treat patients with non-melanoma skin cancers and keloids in a non-invasive and cost-effective manner.
The SRT-100™ Device & Treatment:
- The SRT-100™ is considered “Soft X-Ray” specifically designed and FDA cleared to treat skin cancers and keloids. The technology has been around for over 100 yrs. It only penetrates 5mm below the surface of the skin making the treatment especially effective for Basal and Squamous Cell Carcinoma. It provides Dermatologists and their Patients a non-surgical choice with no pain, cutting, bleeding, stitching, or scarring and with the same outcomes (95%+) as surgery. (Cognetta paper et al 2012)
- Patients can maintain their normal active schedules without interruption; cycling, golf, tennis, swimming, etc.
- Treatments are in the Dermatology Office
- Patients would be required to schedule several visits for treatment.
- Many patients with pre-existing conditions such as diabetes or patients who are on blood thinners due to heart conditions are sometimes not good surgical candidates. SRT is the perfect alternative.
- Keloids are benign tumors that are prevalent in people with skin of color. It is a nasty scare that can cause pain, itchiness, and more important, disfigurement. And when surgery removal alone is used, the scare can return up to 90% of the time and it returns bigger and more disfiguring than before.
- Now a protocol combining the surgical removal of this Keloid scar along with SRT-100™ Treatment, can provide up to 100% cure rates.
Dr. Matt Leavitt, Founder and CEO of ADCS, said, “we are looking forward to working closely with Sensus as they bring new tools to market to provide cost effective solutions with excellent outcomes for our patients.”
“Sensus is very pleased to have the opportunity to work with Advanced Dermatology. They are setting the standards in providing comprehensive services in every segment of Dermatology and we are excited to be a part of those services,” said Joe Sardano, CEO of Sensus Healthcare.
ADCS, founded in 1989 by Dr. Matt Leavitt, is a dermatology-focused practice with over 118 clinics in Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Ohio, Nevada, Michigan, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Wyoming providing clinical, cosmetic, surgical and pathology services. ADCS also provides billing and coding management services for almost 90 third-party dermatology practices across the nation under the Ameriderm™ trade name.
About Sensus Healthcare
Sensus Healthcare LLC (Boca Raton, FL) is a medical device company that is committed to enabling non-invasive and cost-effective treatment of non-melanoma skin cancers and keloids. Sensus uses a proprietary low energy x-ray radiation technology known as superficial radiation therapy (SRT), which is a result of over a decade of dedicated research and development activities. Sensus has successfully incorporated the SRT therapy into its portfolio of treatment devices, the SRT-100™ and SRT-100 Vision™. To date, the SRT technology has been used to effectively and safely treat oncological and non-oncological skin conditions in thousands of patients. For more information, visit us on our website.
The Benefits of SRT
Along with eliminating the risks for post-surgical infections and complications, the SRT-100™ provides patients and physicians with a safe and effective treatment option that offers many benefits, including:
- 95%+ cure rates that rival surgery
- No anesthesia, cutting, bleeding, stitching or pain
- No downtime or lifestyle restrictions
- Super cosmesis, no unsightly scarring
- No need for post-treatment reconstructive surgeries