ASDS: Skin Cancer Treatments Among Most Frequently Performed Procedures in 2015
Dermatologic surgeons performed nearly 10 million medical and cosmetic procedures in 2015 – up five percent since 2014 and 27 percent since 2012, according to the 2015 American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS) Survey on Dermatologic Procedures.
For the fourth year in a row, skin cancer treatments ranked as the most-performed procedure (3.17 million) by ASDS members. Treatments for melanoma were up five percent over 2014. Since 2012, skin cancer treatments have risen 18 percent, the survey showed.
Members also performed 6.7 million cosmetic treatments in 2015 – with the largest year-to-year growth seen in soft-tissue fillers (35 percent) and body sculpting (11 percent), the survey found.
The top cosmetic treatments in 2015 were:
- 2.62 million laser, light and energy-based procedures
- 1.79 million neuromodulators
- 1.36 million soft-tissue fillers
- 596,000 chemical peels
- 230,000 body sculpting treatments
The Benefits of SRT
Along with eliminating the risks for post-surgical infections and complications, the SRT-100™ provides patients and physicians with a safe and effective treatment option that offers many benefits, including:
- 95%+ cure rates that rival surgery
- No anesthesia, cutting, bleeding, stitching or pain
- No downtime or lifestyle restrictions
- Super cosmesis, no unsightly scarring
- No need for post-treatment reconstructive surgeries