Offer Skin Cancer Treatment Without Surgery
Treating Non-Melanoma Skin Cancers
When a person discovers they have a non-melanoma skin cancer such as basal cell carcinoma or squamous cell carcinoma, the first question they have is, “How can I treat this?”
The current most popular method of treatment for non-melanoma skin cancers is Mohs surgery. It’s praised for its effectiveness in successfully treating cancers with high risk of reoccurrence or that have already reoccurred after a previous treatment, cancers that are located in areas where you want to preserve as much healthy tissue as possible, and large, aggressive cancers that have hard-to-define borders.
The Downsides of Mohs Surgery
The process of Mohs surgery is quite effective, but there are many potential downsides.
- Like any surgical procedure, Mohs surgery comes with the risk of bleeding, pain, and infection.
- It’s also possible to experience temporary or permanent numbness surrounding the affected area if small nerve endings are cut or damaged.
- Patients can also encounter temporary or permanent weakness of the area if the tumor is large enough and a muscle nerve.
- The affected area could be extremely itchy or painful after surgery.
- The surgical site could grow into a keloid scar.
- The surgery could go so deep into the skin that plastic surgery is required to repair the affected tissues.
That’s a lot of risks to ask a patient to take on, especially when there are other options out there for the treatment of non-melanoma skin cancers.
Skin Cancer Treatment Without Surgery
Sensus Healthcare offers superficial radiation therapy with the revolutionary machine, the SRT-100ä. The SRT-100ä delivers precise doses of calibrated radiation to the uppermost layer of skin, safely and effectively destroying the basal or squamous carcinoma cells.
Because this treatment option requires no surgery, there is no risk of bleeding, scarring, or intense pain. Patients do not need to worry about becoming so disfigured that plastic surgery is required.
Are you interested in learning more about the SRT-100ä to offer your patients skin cancer treatment without surgery? Contact Sensus Healthcare today.